I don’t know about you but I love a good coleslaw and this recipe takes a traditional favourite but kicks it up a notch with Old Bay Seasoning. With a whole lotta flavour and a hint of heat, this coleslaw is perfect for barbecues and potlucks. Just make sure you allow enough time for the finished dish to chill in the fridge for a few hours to allow flavours to meld before serving.Chop and shred your cabbages, carrots, pepper and green onion and place them in a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk together your Vegenaise, Old Bay Seasoning and white wine vinegar. Add this to the veggies and toss well to coat.Refrigerate and allow to chill for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!!
Adapted from Williams Sonoma. ‘Coleslaw with Old Bay Seasoning’.
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use Amazon affiliate links ONLY for products that I personally use and rely on. Thank you for supporting WHAT the HECK do I eat NOW and helping me continue to bring great content to this site!
- ½ head green cabbage finely chopped
- ½ head purple cabbage finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 large red pepper finely julienned
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- ¾ cup Vegenaise
- 1½ tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- Chop and shred your cabbages, carrots, pepper and green onion and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together your Vegenaise, Old Bay Seasoning and white wine vinegar. Add this to the veggies and toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate and allow to chill for at least 2-3 hours before serving.