I’ve included this recipe because I hear over and over that people don’t want to give up cookies and cake and… rice crispy squares!! There are plant based alternatives for EVERYTHING! I have come across many alternative vegan recipes for rice crispy squares that include ‘weird’ ingredients or just end up tasting like something completely different which is…disappointing for those who want the old familiar standby. So here it is..the same ole recipe with better ingredients. I was told by a friend that these were the best rice krispee squares they had ever had. I’m guessing it’s the Dandees.Going, going, gone!!
Disclaimer: We use Amazon affiliate links ONLY for products that I personally use and rely on. When you purchase something (anything!) through an Amazon affiliate link (or by clicking on the Amazon link in the sidebar) I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting WHAT the HECK do I eat NOW and helping me continue to bring great content to this site!
- ¼ cup non dairy butter (try Earth Balance or for a more traditional taste Becel Vegan or a combination of both!)
- 9 oz (or 250 gram) Dandees marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 cups Crispy Rice cereal
- Gently grease 8 X 8 dish.
- Melt non dairy butter on low heat.
- Add marshmallows until melted.
- Take off heat. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add cereal and stir well to combine.
- Place in greased dish.
- Wait about 30 minutes (depending on house temperature) for mix to set and use cookie cutter to cut desired shapes.